KIA America Announces January Sales￼
Kia America announced January sales of 42,488 units. Highlights include the best-ever January performance by the Niro family of electrified SUVs, which bested their previous record set in January 2018 […] The post KIA America Announces January Sales￼ appeared first on EMobility+.
Kia America announced January sales of 42,488 units. Highlights include the best-ever January performance by the Niro family of electrified SUVs, which bested their previous record set in January 2018 by 26-percent. Kia also set a new January record for overall electrified vehicle sales, exceeding the previous mark by 36-percent.
“After outpacing the industry and our own best-ever annual sales performance in 2021, Kia’s shift toward electrified vehicle sales is off to a strong start with record-breaking January sales for the brand’s electric, hybrid, and plug-in hybrid models,” said Eric Watson, vice president, sales operations, Kia America. “With the all-new, all-electric Kia EV6 set to arrive in showrooms in the coming weeks, Kia is proving – once again – that we are ahead of the industry in providing customers with the vehicles they want to drive today.”
In addition to sales, January saw several significant announcements coming from the brand, including:
- The Kia EV6 tied for the top spot at the first-ever ‘Best Cars of the Year’ 2021/2022 Awards. The winners were singled out for quality, innovation, design and state-of-the-art tech and beat new models from premium brands, including Audi and Porsche
- Kia will return to advertising in the Super Bowl with a 60-second spot featuring the all-new, all-electric Kia EV6
- Kia was ranked highest the for the second year in a row in the J.D. Power mass market EV customer satisfaction survey
- The Rio hatchback was named “Best Subcompact” in the 2022 Vincentric Best Value in America Awards
- Pricing for the all-new, all-electric Kia EV6 was announced to start at $40,900
Recently, Kia America’s returned to the Super Bowl which will feature the all-new, all-electric Kia EV6. Arriving in showrooms in early 2022, EV6 is the first model to be launched under Kia’s Plan S strategy which puts electrification at the forefront of the company’s future. Kia’s first dedicated electric vehicle also marks the first time a Korean vehicle manufacturer has received carbon footprint certification and a ‘Carbon Measured’ label from the Carbon Trust, the global climate change and sustainability consultancy.
In addition, supporting the Super Bowl LVI campaign and as part of Kia’s celebrated Accelerate The Good Program, Kia has announced a partnership with pet adoption charity, Petfinder Foundation, to provide “Kia Pet Adoption Grants” to help shelter animals find their forever homes. Additional details will be released closer to the game.
“Kia’s 13th Super Bowl advertisement is the centerpiece of a comprehensive marketing campaign which will include digital, social, out-of-home and a very special new CSR program in partnership with The Petfinder Foundation,” said Russell Wager, vice president, marketing, Kia America.
The post KIA America Announces January Sales￼ appeared first on EMobility+.