Kia America Sells 49,182 Units In February 2021
Kia America announced February sales of 49,182 units, up 2.3-percent over February 2021. Monthly highlights include sales of Kia’s EV models marking their best-ever monthly performance and shattering the previous record […] The post Kia America Sells 49,182 Units In February 2021 appeared first on EMobility+.
Kia America announced February sales of 49,182 units, up 2.3-percent over February 2021. Monthly highlights include sales of Kia’s EV models marking their best-ever monthly performance and shattering the previous record set in September 2021 by 181-percent. In addition, sales of the Niro line of electrified crossovers saw a 40-percent increase over the model line’s best-ever February sales total set in 2017. The Telluride and K5 also broke previous model-specific February sales records by 13- and 5-percent, respectively.
“Kia continues to outpace the industry and ‘charge ahead’ with the shift toward electrified vehicles as sales of our range of electric, hybrid, and plug-in hybrid models continued to break records and now make up 13-percent of our sales,” said Eric Watson, vice president, sales operations, Kia America. “With first-month sales of the all-electric Kia EV6 exceeding 2,100 units we are confident that even more consumers considering their own shift to electrified vehicles will now consider Kia.”
In addition to sales, February saw several significant announcements coming from the brand, including:
- Kia taking the number-one spot among all major U.S. automotive brands (mainstream and luxury) in the J.D. Power 2022 Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS).
- The Chicago Auto Show debut of the 2023 Sportage PHEV, the latest electrified model to join the brand’s lineup of award-winning SUVs
- The 2022 Kia Telluride recognized as the Best 3-Row SUV for the Money by the editors of U.S. News & World Report in the publication’s annual selection of “Best Car for the Money”
- The debut of Kia’s 13th Super Bowl spot, entitled “Robo Dog” highlighting the all-new, all-electric EV6 and the brand’s partnership with The Petfinder Foundation to help shelter animals find their forever homes.
- Kia’s Super Bowl spot was the number one ranked automotive ad and the number four most popular ad overall according to the USA Today Ad Meter, which also named “Robo Dog” the “most heartwarming” Super Bowl advertisement
- Kia’s renewal of the brand’s long-standing sponsorship of the B.R.A.K.E.S. Teen Pro-Active Driving School